POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Array and Macro problem (again) : Re: Array and Macro problem (again) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:12:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Array and Macro problem (again)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 19 Aug 2004 06:53:48
Message: <412486bc$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> In article <41240488$1@news.povray.org> , Tor Olav Kristensen
> <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDhotmailcom>  wrote:
>

>>   #local AA = array[1] { 1 }
>

> You are missing a semicolon...

Hmmm... I see that it works when I add a semicolon,
but I can not see any error messages or warnings about
a missing semicolon.

Here's what the manual says:

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/237/

   Note: that there should be a semi-colon after the
   expression in all float, vector and color identifier
   declarations. This semi-colon is introduced in POV-
   Ray version 3.1. If omitted, it generates a warning
   and some macros may not work properly. Semicolons
   after other declarations are optional.

 From this I understand that a semicolon after an array
declaration is optional.

Or is it so that if the array declaration contains
floats, vectors or colors, then one has to use semi-
colons ?

If so then I suggest that this is written more expli-
citly in the manual.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.net